Here they are folks, if you don't like 'em, too bad!
1. Zach Gingerich. Gotta love this guy. You won't find his detailed training logs, garmin tracks, vertical miles, or calories consumed summarized in nice weekly blog posts. This guy is old school and about as scrappy as they come. He won't settle unless he's gunning down the AR at 100 miles. He'll probably retire at the end of this one, so he's got nothin' to lose baby. If you don't know what Zach looks like, check for the guy wearing knee length swim trunks.
2. Tony Krewpickaz. This guy is gonna run sub 13. Question is, will he be convinced to start with a flashlight this year?
3. Scott Jurek. Scott really deserves some respect after his 24 hour run last year. I really hope he pulls it off this weekend and comes within stabbing distance of Tony.
4. Arnstein. He says he should have started training the 3rd week of January. I sure hope that means he is on his way to a 200+ mpw taper going into race week. If he can handle a two day taper and learn to take it conservative the first 3 loops, he should be able to pull of a blazing fast time. I'm rooting for you to finish before dark Mike.
5. Heatmizer. I'd love to see a break out performance. He's got the loops down and wants his final Badwater qualifying 100 to put him over the edge. He'll run a conservative, strong and smart race. Look for sub 17 hours.
6. Hiroki. Man this guy is incredible. If he leaves his camera back in the hotel room and stashes his 12 pound Gregory sponsorship backpack at the turnaround point he should be flying around those loops.
7. Liza. She's got 14:57 tattooed on the insides of her eyelids. Can't think of a better way to shake up the ultra world than with a sub 15 hour rocky. Maybe that will help get at least ONE vote for ultrarunner of the year. Geez.
8. Connie. Machine.
Ok wish I was out there running, but honestly I can't stand the 20 hour drive over to Huntsville. Whatever.
Slang - The act of vomiting, hurling, barfing, losing lunch, tossing cookies, ralfing, throwing up, yacking, retching, technicolour yawning, spewing, blowing chunks, and/or other forms of physical illness.
Acronym - Phoenix Ultrarunning Kids & Elders. Old school long distance runners hailing from the Sonoran Desert of central Arizona. Membership requirements: Run long, but don't take it too seriously... seriously. Club symbol: Purple Monkey Dishwasher